Terms and Conditions.
1. The client(s) accept Tails and Peaks Terms and Conditions listed below regarding the services offered or agreed upon including any mentioned on relevant forms/contracts. Payment is taken as means of acceptance upon these terms and conditions.
2. Tails and Peaks will not confirm a booking until payment in full has been received along with a completed booking form for all Classes and Workshops.
3. Class payments are made for either 4, 6 or 10 week blocks. A list of training dates for the blocks will be available upon enquiry / booking. Payment is required for all the dates listed in the 4, 6 or 10 week block. Full payment secures a booking.
4. One to One Sessions – Upon booking a non refundable deposit is needed to confirm your appointment. The balance for the session is required in cash on the day of the training.
4. Refunds- If a scheduled training class is cancelled by us then the training weeks will role on one calendar week. If this is not possible then a refund for the missed session will be given.
5. Refunds Block classes – If we decide that the Dog or Handler is not suitable for training and the training does not take place then a refund will be given. Refunds will not be given if it is your choice not to attend, for example due to a holiday.
6. All dogs are to be on lead in a class or workshop at all times unless asked by the trainer to take them off lead.
7. Reactive dogs may be asked to wear a muzzle if necessary when around other dogs.
8. Tails and Peaks does not undertake training with people aggressive dogs, a vet check and a behaviorist appointment is recommended.
9. The client(s) is responsible for the good practice of safe training in a training class and understands the rules regarding Health and Safety.
10. Injured or ill dogs should not be brought to training classes unless previously discussed with Tails and Peaks.
11. Tails and Peaks must be alerted to any severe behavioral problems at the time of booking in order to tailor the service better to requirements and failure to do so may incur a charge or cancellation due to safety risks.
12. Tails and Peaks is insured for public and professional liability however, we encourage that the client(s) insure their pets themselves. We reserve the right to refuse a booking where a pet isn’t insured.
13. All dogs attending training must be fully vaccinated or titre tested, and flea treated/wormed regularly.
14. All clients details are kept under lock and key.
15. Tails and Peaks require at least 72 hours notice of cancellation of any service. Failure to notify us in this time period will be charged at full price.
16. Dogs in Training Classes and Workshops (and outside the venue, for example car park ) should be kept at a good distance from each other unless otherwise instructed by a trainer.
17. A non refundable deposit can be taken for some events, this deposit holds your place on the event until the closing date for places. If full payment has not been received by the closing date your place will be forfited.
All of our students get issued with our class Terms and Conditions and Health and Safety Rules when they book onto our courses. If you would like to receive a copy then please contact us by using our contact form.
As of the 25th May 2018 a new EU regulation called the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR comes into effect.
You as the consumer have the rights and control to your data and what we as a business can do with your data.
We must ensure you are fully aware of what data we collect, how we use and who we share it with.
What personal data do we collect?
We hold your contact details such as name, email address, telephone numbers, address, pet details, payment details for tax purposes and potentially information on lifestyle depending on which service is required.
Why we collect your data and how it is stored?
We ask for contact details so that if there is an issue with classes you can be contacted, or if there is an emergency whilst your dog is in our care. Addresses may also be needed for training consults and dog walking so that we know where to come! Pet information is required to be able to provide a good level of service and offer the appropriate products. All data is stored electronically through mail chimp for anyone who has subscribed to our newsletter; password access required. Hard copies are also stored in a locked and secured premise.
Who will your data be shared with?
Only your instructor/walker will see your data and it will not be shared with anyone else outside of Tails and Peaks Dog Training and Agility. If your dog ever becomes ill during walks or classes, we may share your and your pets’ details with the vets to help treat them.
How long will your data be stored and how is it deleted?
Your data is kept for 7 years, after 7 years it is shredded. At your request we can hand back any questionnaires if you no longer want us to hold your data.
Your data will never be passed on to any third party or any other person. We may contact your for marketing purposes.
If you have contacted us via our contact form we retain your email address to contact you with the relevant information you requested.
We take pictures / videos of our training sessions which are sometimes then used for marketing or demonstration purposes. You have the option to opt out of these when registering for a class or at any other point by contacting us.